Monday, July 23, 2012

Green roofs and a green roof practitioner at the Olympics

With the Olympics kicking off in a few days, I wanted to highlight a couple of things.

In 2008 we saw green roofs take the pre-Olympic spotlight, now...in what I believe is a first, we see a green roof practitioner vying for gold.

A couple of years ago I did a radio program and was interviewed by a true green architect Donna Vakalis. At the time she was gunning (literally) for the Olympics. Over time she's become a true supporter of verticiel and we're a supporter of hers. Guess what? She made Team Canada! The women's modern pentathlon is being staged on the final day, August 12, but there's no reason you can't support her right now! Good luck, Donna!!!



2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm getting Hawaii roofing done for my home and have been looking online at some ideas. I'm happy I read this because I didn't know so many people went green when it came to roofing, thats great news! Thank you for sharing this with us Kelven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fascinating topic, I will bookmark your site to check out if you write more in the future


    Roof Repair Memphis

    ReplyDelete